Welcome to Howgate Foot Bed & Breakfast, close to Bampton Grange & Askham
We have a delightful superior bedroom with separate sitting room and own entrance for guests within our newly refurbished traditional Cumbrian stone farmhouse close to Haweswater, Ullswater & Penrith.
The perfect rural retreat in the beautiful Lake District.
Ordnance Survey Map Reference: NY517193
Mr & Mrs P - "5 Star B&B and chauffeur service!"
Mr & Mrs F (Australia) - "Wonderful B&B, the best we have encountered on the C2C."
Mr & Mrs A - "Great find thanks to Google, peace amazing, beautiful countryside, and to top it all an excellent breakfast, lovely hosts, and exceptional accommodation."
Howgate Foot, only 7 miles from Junction 39 off the M6 is a very special and peaceful B&B ideally situated for Wainwright's Coast to Coast walk. A warm welcome awaits you by owners Christine and Martyn Knight. Christine is a trained Cordon Bleu cook and delights in sourcing local Cumbrian produce for her catering. Whenever possible, breakfast will be served on the delightful south facing terrace with the wonderful view of the sheep grazing on the surrounding fell.
Coast to Coast (C2C) route for walkers finishing/beginning their walking tour at Burnbanks, Bampton or Bampton Grange.
I will collect/return people from these points if required.
BED & BREAKFAST
Howgate Bed and Breakfast
Double room available with private shower room, hair dryer, hospitality tray, bathrobes, TV, Wifi and private sitting room. Secure storage for bicycles.
A collection service to and from Penrith station is available by prior arrangement.
Rates (include full English breakfast)
- £47.50 pppn, all dates.
- Closed over Christmas
- 'Dinner available' by prior arrangement.
- To book call: 01931 713454
Wonderful network of walks
Howgate Foot is within Lowther Park between the villages of Askham and Bampton Grange, situated on the wonderful network of walks of the Wainwright's Coast to Coast, Miller's Way and the Three Rivers Walks along the Rivers Lowther, Eden and Eamont. It is ideally situated for the many Lake District and Cumbrian events held throughout the year.
Coast to Coast (C2C) Walkers
Coast to Coast route for walkers finishing/beginning their walking tour at Burnbanks, Bampton or Bampton Grange. I will collect/return people from these points if required. Just mention this on booking.
LOCAL EVENTS 2017
- Haweswater Half Marathon - 5th March
- Dalemain Marmalade Festival - 18th & 19th March
- Dalemain Stallion & Colt Show - 20th May
- Ullswater Epic Lakes Swim - 4th June
- The Three Rings of Shap - 10th June
- Lord Birkett Regatta, Ullswater - 1st & 2nd July
- Kendal Calling, Lowther - 27th to 30th July
- Lowther Show - 12th & 13th August
- Born Survivor, Lowther Castle - 9th September
- More events at wordsworthcountry.com
- Visit Haweswater where the 'hidden village' of Mardale is below the Lake.
- Take a trip on the steamers around the lake at Pooley Bridge, Ullswater.
- The Ullswater Way is a 20 mile walking route around Ullswater. The route can be walked in either direction from any starting point, or walked shorter sections by using an open top bus or steamer to start your journey. For more visit ullswater.com/the-ullswater-way
- Lowther Castle and gardens
- Askham Hall & Gardens
- Dalemain Mansion & Gardens
- Shap Abbey
- Places to visit in Cumbria and Lake District